Thursday, February 19, 2009

Road trip day 1, part a, mile 0, Abita Springs, La


OK. So I worked 1/2 day today and now I'm leaving to head west. Since my wife was unable to join me, I was looking at 9 days on the road with no one to talk to. But alas, thanks to Pam and Melissa I have this great picture of them two, plus my wife Lynn, in this fantastic frame that I can only describe as a "work of art". We all know that the term "art" can be interpreted in many different ways. Some people think throwing poop on a canvas is "art". Well, more on the origins of the frame will be forthcoming. I decided that I needed to give the two kissing doves some much needed names. That way when I need something, they will know who I'm talking to. Since it is much more fun for me to think that these kissing doves are female, I named them "Ineeda" and "Margarita". I will chronicle their travels and hopefully be able to post something every night. So Lynn, Pam, Melissa, and Ineeda-Margarita are ready to hit the road. As you can see from the pic, I always think "safety first". They are buckled up and brimming with excitement. To bad you can't see their faces just yet, but trust me they are smiling. When it is safe for me to remove the seat belt you will see that I am speaking the truth. Stay tuned for our great adventure!
Random thought for 2/19: I think the American Indians got screwed!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to be coming along on your adventure. I can't wait to see where we end up! Drive safely. Especially because you have your (what was 3 and now 5) girls in tow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget about John in the trunk...

    ReplyDelete