Thursday, May 20, 2010

Meet Masayuki...the one-handed Japanese woman "made in China"


____________________________________
Pic #1: Me (dig the long hair) and Masayuki moments after our introduction.
____________________________________
Pic #2: Masayuki posing next to her half sister who goes by her Indian name "Hair that looks like a squid coming out of my head".
____________________________________
For the entire picture library of her travels visit my website at www.clayisbell.smugmug.com and look for the "Where in the world is Masayuki" gallery.
_______________________________________
So...Christmas 2009...a time of caring and sharing. A time for celebration. A time for remembrance. A time for giving hideous and vulgar gifts. What would Christmas be like without ugly gifts? So it was then that I was introduced to Masayuki (which means "happiness" in Japanese). We had a lot of fun, especially when we hid all of the ugly gifts bestowed upon us that night in strategically placed areas around Pam's house. Some were hidden better than others and they were all eventually found...and after calling all of us some choice words the retaliation began. I arrived home after spending the New Year in Austin to find my long lost Japanese bombshell on my front porch with a note (I will keep this blog "PG" so it shall not be repeated here). As an added bonus, my rocker was removed from my porch and was in my driveway, and seated on it was the ceramic "Santa" that has been passed around quite a bit (more on him later). Alas my porcelin skinned sweetheart was home with me. So there she has sat on my dresser for months...awaiting her fate...who's house would she go to next? Of course all this time I'm plotting my next move...who gets her and how? Mr. Claus has been painted to represent Tulane University, Peyton Manning, left on lawns, in trucks, and in closets and was recently dressed in a Saints jersey with a bag on his head. So I had been cooking up some ideas (I won't share them here 'cause I still might need them) until I thought about this: I'll take her on my travels and document it. I'm preparing for a road trip and I'll have her along for the ride. Who knows where she will go or people she will meet. For that...stay tuned to this blog. For now, she has only been to Mandeville and Abita Springs (at least since I got her). I'm sure before she came to me she spent a lot of time cramped up in some shipping container on the Pacific Ocean on a Russian vessel with a French crew. At least now she has some air conditioning and doesn't have to deal with those pesky rouge waves.
So...to Lisa, Chris, Chris, Stacy, Pam, Kenny, Melissa, Anthony, John, Shawn, Rob, Tanya, Erin, Vincente, Dale, and Jen...just because Masayuki is coming with me on my travles don't even think for a minute that I don't have a replacement for her. Will Christmas come early for you? Maybe, maybe not....more to come.
If you like ghost towns as much as I do, check out the website www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment